Thursday 4 February 2010

Wednesday 3rd February 2010

EDEN VALLEY HOSPICE
12.30PM

I had long wanted to learn more about the Hospice and especially Eden House, the only Children's Hospice in Cumbria (for more information see their website www.edenvalleyhospice.org.uk) Their motto is 'Making every day count, NOT counting every day). The whole day was a heart warming experience.

I was welcomed by The Chief Executive Sheila Goodliffe and the Hospice Chairman Carole Ferguson and given a most excellent lunch by the Head Chef Doug McGarr. We were also joined by Gillian Ward, Head of Nursing Services.

The facilities are excellent - I gather Martyn Lewis, CBE, described it as a "Five Star Facility".

I promised that I would make a point of telling people about what they do.




WEDNESDAY 3rd February (Evening)

TTHEATRE BY THE LAKE, KESWICK

Accompanied by my PA, Katy Glass, I attended a Concert for Cumbria when Opera star Lesley Garrett and actor Brian Blessed gave their time to entertain a packed audience in aid of the Cumbria Flood Victims. The Concert was organised by Cumbria County Council, and half the money raised will go to the Flood Recovery Fund and half split between the Rescue Teams including Lake District Search and The Mountain Rescue Association, Bay Search and Rescue, Red Cross and North West Air Ambulance