Thursday 2 April 2009

31st March 2009

Cumbria Constabulary Awards Ceremony

At the invitation of Mr Craig Mackey QPM, Chief Constable of Cumbria Constabulary, I attended a Constabulary Awards Ceremony at The Roundthorn Country House Hotel. In the past this Ceremony has been held at Carleton Hall, but on this occasion The Chief Constable had decided that it would be very nice if the families of those involved in the Awards could be present at the Ceremony. A buffet supper was also given and all the families were delighted to see their loved ones gain these Awards and thoroughly enjoyed the evening.

I must say it made me feel very proud and humble to be there and to realise, if I had not already done so, what a wonderful service the Police in this County give us. Many of the things for which male and female Officers were commended were items that had appeared briefly in various newspapers over the last few years. That of course made me realise how little we are really told, and how much more these people actually do.

I drove home that evening feeling that I had experienced something very special.