Monday 6 April 2009

Friday 3rd April 2009

H.R.H. The Prince of Wales - Red Squirrel Survival Trust

David and I arrived at Levens Hall at 9.45am where coffee and a delicious assortment of cakes and refreshments were offered prior to the arrival of The Prince of Wales at 10.15am, after which several people, including David and I, were asked to form a line outside Levens Hall to be presented to H.R.H.

The Lord Lieutenant mentioned to him that I was involved with The Princes Trust, and he chatted to me about the National Appeal for his 40th birthday over 20 year's ago, when I had Chaired the Appeal for Cumbria.

After a stimulating talk given by H.R.H. supporting the work of the new Trust throughout the British Isles, he walked round the Levens Hall Gardens with Mr and Mrs Bagot, The Lord Lieutenant and Mrs Cropper.

He then departed for North Cumbria accompanied by The Lord Lieutenant and Mrs Cropper.