Monday 3 August 2009

Monday 27th July 2009

WINDERMERE TOWN COUNCIL
MEETING HELD IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS at 7.00pm

I was invited by Cllr Bill Smith, The Mayor of Windermere, to attend their Council Meeting. I was genuinely keen to do this as I met people whose names I had known for a long time and others who I actually knew, and it was interesting to see them all in their capacity as Councillors.

A variety of matters were discussed, but most particularly the Windermere Air Show which had taken place on the 25th and 26th July.

One of the major concerns was the inadequate provision of lavatory facilities for the thousands of people who attended. It is obviously very difficult to provide for a one-off event like this and the matter is doubtless going to be considered more fully before next year.

The meeting ended shortly after 9.30pm.