Monday 11 January 2010

Thursday 7th January 2010

9.15am
WORKINGTON

A pre-arranged meeting with The Revd. Bryan Rowe at the Washington Hotel to hear a little about how the Town is faring after the floods.

CARLISLE CROWN COURT
12.45PM

FREEZING TEMPERATURES HERE -12 DEGREES

His Honour Judge Batty asked me to deliver an Award and a cheque for £500 to a very public spirited man who did not want any publicity.

I had been in Court on the day of the Judge's Service on 17th November 2009,when Mr Justice David Clarke made this Award, and asked me if I would deal with it in due course. This was the first time I had been present when an Award was actually suggested and I was delighted to have seen this.

At the invitation of His Hon Judge Batty I had lunch at the Court with him, Her Hon Judge Forrester, His Hon Judge Hughes,and District Judge John Park.