Monday 9 November 2009

Wednesday 28th October 2009

10.30am
YPRES BLOCK, CARLISLE CASTLE

I was made very welcome by Colonel T M McMullen MBE, Commandant of Cumbria Army Cadet Force who was accompanied by Deputy Lt Col John Wilson. After coffee and a general introduction I was shown a DVD about the work done with the Cadets. Later I was introduced to Major John Jones, who showed and explained the weapon systems to me. He is the Training Safety Adviser (TSA) based permanently at the Castle but belongs to HQ42 (NW) Brigade in Preston.

I was also introduced to Major Paul Candler who is the Cadet Executive Officer. He leads the permanent staff element in the HQ. He kindly accompanied me to my next venue.

We discussed that it would be a good idea for Col McMullen to meet The High Sheriff Elect, Mr James Carr, before my Term of Office is over.


12.30pm
The Courts, Earl Street, Carlisle

Once again I had the priviledge of presenting three Court Awards. These were awarded by His Hon Judge Batty, QC. but Her Hon Judge Forrester Chaired the Ceremony in his absence.

3 very public spirited people received Awards, including one very especially brave lady.

I was invited by Judge Forrester to stay for lunch and also met Claire Hensman and Susie Bagot who were spending the day as her guests.