Monday 29 March 2010

Monday 22nd March 2010

9.00am - WHITEHAVEN MAGISTRATE'S COURT
Mr Tim Jepson, Clerk to the Justices, had kindly arranged for me to visit and I was warmly greeted by the Chairman and to other Magistrates. Also present were Mr Ian Killip (Chairman of the day), Mr David Collins, Mrs Charlotte Wood, Mr Frank Hornsby (IChairman of the Bench) Lesley Heron (Legal Advisor officiating) and Mr John King (Barrister).

I was made very welcome and very much enjoyed the morning. Particularly as I was lucky enough to be taken into another Court where a Children's Court was Sitting from St Beg's Primary School.

2pm
The Helena Thompson Museum where I had the honour to present PC Barker's wife, Hazel with a medal that had been commissioned by The Lord of the Manor of Workington, Mr John Cooke. He himself gave two further medals to the children. A beautiful buffet had been prepared and it was a special afternoon with the Chief Constable and other Officers present to support the family, although no-one lost sight of the sadness of the occasion


Photograph Courtesy of The Times and Star.











4.30pm A VISIT TO HOSPICE AT HOME IN WORKINGTON COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
I was greeted by Dr Terry Collins, The Chairman of Trustees and Linda Hewitt, Clinical Services Manager and Gillian Chadwick, County FundRaiser (who I had met before)

Dr Collins gave me a thorough overviewe of the wonderful work done at the Centre and introduced me to several people who worked there.

A most rewarding afternoon