Monday 8 March 2010

Tuesday 2nd March 2010

4.15pm

SILVERDALE STREET
SUPPORTED HOUSING PROJECT (Accent Group Ltd)

Some time ago I agreed with Deb Muscat from the Community Foundation that I would like to make a High Sheriff's Award to this Organisation, which I had visited last year and in due course they were awarded £500. This was to enable them to buy art materials and employ a tutor from time to time to give guidance to the young people residing there. I went back to see how this was going forward. In principle I think the idea has been a success, but some of the people who were originally there have now left and in some cases taken the work they did with them.

I gave them a High Sheriff Award because the work done at Silverdale Street is excellent. They support young single people seeking support or looking for somewhere to live and if they have a housing need, or are at risk of having a housing need.