Monday 8 March 2010

Thursday 4th March 2010

CUMBRIA REDUCING OFFENDING PARTNERSHIP TRUST LIMITED (CROPT)
Meeting of Forum - Cumbria Probation HQ, Lime House, Wetheral.
2pm

When Richard Rhodes, Chair of Cumbria Probation Board, invited me to a Probation Board Meeting in January he also invited me to this meeting. I was very pleased to attend and very interested in what was discussed and indeed what the Committee does.

CROPT is very busy working alongside the Probation Service. They create new and meaningful projects for the benefit of offenders and their families.

3.45pm
After the meeting I was to have met with Annette Hennessey, but as her father was ill she had arranged for me to meet with a Senior Probation Officer to learn a little more about the Probation Service. Richard introduced me to her and we had a very interesting discussion about various aspects of the Service, over a cup of tea.