Monday 15 March 2010

Thursday 11th March 2010



South Lakes Federation Uniformed Services Group
Kendal Fire Station, March 2010

9.45am
Kendal College with Marian Kearney.
We went straight to Kendal Fire Station to revisit the Group and their instructors. The Group will soon finish their course.


I was presented with a lovely photograph taken on my earlier visit which I was delighted to receive and will treasure.




A nice break for coffee

11.am - We revisited the Students in Kendal doing the Art Course. I had been so impressed by their work and their enthusiasm on my previous visit that I presented them with a High Sheriff's Award and a cheque for £200.I believe this will help towards a visit to see the Picasso Exhibition at The Tate Gallery, Liverpool.

My special congratulations go to the Tutors who are so enthusiastic about their teaching. There is such good rapport between students and staff.

Arthur Capstick (South Lakes Federation) and the Head Teacher of Settlebeck School were also present.