Monday 29 March 2010

Wednesday 24th March 2010

11.45am LANCASTER UNIVERSITY

I met with Mrs Paul Wellings, wife of the Vice Chancellor of Lancaster University who had kindly invited me to meet Mrs Marion McClintock, the Honorary University Archivist


There was not enough time before lunch to hear all that I wanted to ask Mrs McClintock who is a fount of knowledge on the history of the University.

She kindly took us to the new Management Centre for a delicious lunch, where we continued with our discussions.

I greatly enjoyed the visit.

2pm
At 2pm we were joined by Mrs Rosemary Rodwell and then introduced by Mrs Wellings to Miss Helen Clish, Rare Book Archives archivist who, together with two colleagues, introduced us to some of the magic of the Hesketh Collection. I gather that sadly the collection will soon be leaving the University.

A very special day for me.