Monday 8 March 2010

Thursday 11 February 2010



9.15 to 9.45am

SOUTH LAKES FEDERATION
Meeting with Marian Kearney (Inclusion Manager)and Arthur Capstick, Executive Officer for a general chat.

(I have known them both for a long time).


10.00 to 10.30am
Marian took me to visit students on a Preparation for the Uniformed Services Course, in action at Kendal Fire Station. Wonderful Instructors and very nice young people who were obviously benefiting greatly from the course.



10.30 to 11.00am
Visited students undertaking an Art Class. Some very impressive work.


11.00am - 12.00noon
A visit to The Queen Katherine School where I was to have met the Head Teacher Mr Stuart Wilkin, but unfortunately he was unable to be there and we have arranged another meeting.

I met various dedicated people and popped in to a Cook.com nurturing programme for younger students which was most impressive.

I really enjoyed the morning and was very interested in all that I saw.