Thursday 4 March 2010

Tuesday 2nd March 2010

BAE SYSTEMS - BARROW IN FURNESS

10.00am TO 2.00pm
I wrote to John Hudson, Managing Director at BAE, asking if I could bring a party of people to visit, and I was told that I should communicate with Brian Benn, Customer Relations Manager, which I duly did. He arranged a most interesting visit for 12 people, although unfortunately on the day there were only 11.

I think everyone present felt it was a privilege to be there. We were given coffee and a 45 minute introduction to safety procedures and an overview of what we were going to see. After a working lunch we were taken by bus to the Devonshire Docks where we actually saw submarines being built.

We were then taken back to the Boardroom for a final meeting with Brian Benn.

We departed from Barrow at 2pm.